Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Oranges!

Many of you know that I tend to dream or get images/visions every now and again. Anyhow, today I was praying for our kids and I see the hands of my future children's birth mom giving me ORANGES....It was clear this was some kind of offering..but now i am curious how the Ethiopian culture views oranges. I am not sure if oranges are a big deal in Ethiopia or if there is significance, but I have sent off a note to some of my Ethiopian forums to ask .....If any of you have any idea I would be thrilled to hear...

Love,
D

2 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Deanna, how many oranges did she hand you? Perhaps each orange represented a precious life. If you think about it, an orange is SWEET though the covering is bitter (the event that will bring them to you is bitter sweet). Oranges also have seeds inside that can be planted to multiply (God's destiny for these precious children). I don't know ... just a thought.

Love!
Beth

Deanna said...

Beth,

It seemed like there were a handful (HA)...maybe 2-4 not sure..They were in their skins and looked very healthy....prior to the ORANGE vision, I saw some kind of winter scene that ended up going from cold white snow to bright blinding white lights in a hospital...strange but maybe time will tell what it all means...Thanks for the insight.