Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Kissed a Boy and I Liked it!

So, now that the weather here in NC went up to the 70's and now back to freezing we have had a flu or some kind of 2 day bug going around our house. First it was Andrew last Friday (i forced him to go to school and now that I have it feel great remorse for doing that), then Jared and Mark and NOW I HAVE IT...Tired, sore throat, achy...Jared feels great now and came home from school and ran up to a boy and KISSED HIM! We had to apologize to the boys mom (he was a little boy a few years younger)...Jared said "He's cute!" We had to have a kissing conversation that bordered on the politically incorrect conversation of why boys don't kiss boys etc (not that there's anything wrong with that...quoting a Seinfeld episode). We are thinking "I hope he didn't just land a big giant flu bug on him." Meanwhile, anytime we talk about TV shows we have to ask and investigate whether there is any kissing first. The girls seek it out and LOVE KISSING. Of course Grace (who now wants to be called GRACIE) swears she doesn't want to watch anything with kissing in it and then whispers to me how she would like to invite MARK (the entire 4th grade class of girls boyfriend) to come to her party in June.

Andrew wants to be home schooled and came to me with all of his research and an online school before I could even catch my breath. But after watching him make websites and blogs on a 3 week break, we are seriously considering having him home schooled for at least the first year of middle school. It would give him a chance to grow too. Plus he wants to do case studies on Disney and Bill Gates and I am not sure he'll get to do that in the local middle school. Problem is: I took advanced studies in singing in High School which oddly landed me in the National Honors Society above others who took calculus and got bad grades....and I have no idea even what the order of operations are and without the guidance of my high school senior (who'll be in college) not sure if Andrew will progress with math. Andrew was trying to create new rules with Math yesterday combining fractions and whole numbers and laying out new rules ("if a fraction and a whole number unite it will always be this...If you multiply it with this it will do this...isn't that exciting?" something I just said "that's nice honey." to). I could really teach him how to hit a high note though....Matea continues to amazing me with her vocabulary. She wanted to know what RUSTIC meant...i mean how did she even hear the word????? Then she came to church with us and watched us take communion and she totally needed a full explanation of the resurection etc because without the explanation she thought we literally were eating Christ's body (that had been saved for us for over 2000 years) and drank his blood (which she said smelled like welches grape juice---because it is)...."why does Jesus' blood smell like grape juice Mommy?" But I am touched and amazed at how wonderfully the kids are doing and am in awe that this will be our second Easter together....Praise God!

1 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Yikes! Flu?!?!? Oh girl. I pray you all feel better and that these unhealthy germs DIE and don't spread!

Andrew wants to be home-schooled? Girl, if you juggle this one, I'll give you an award of some sort. You are like the energizer bunny!

If there is anything I can bring you -- juice, food ... let me know. I'll throw it on the porch and run for dear life.