Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Laughter Through the Storm-Mother's Day Concert

So, I have been wallowing a little. Stressed about having to put my house on the market etc. Last night we had a meeting with our realtor. I was really bummed. DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO SELL MY HOUSE...MY DREAM HOUSE! Anyhow, after he left. I was sad. Sat down at the computer and decided I would FACEBOOK my friend Jennifer Gilmore. Jennifer was one of our first friends to help us schedule concerts at churches when we first moved here. I sat down and decided i would contact a few people about setting up Mother's Day concerts and talks/luncheons etc. Then I saw her profile post:

"attended a touching funeral today. It is never good when a 40-year-old wife and mother passes away, but boy did she leave a legacy behind that will see them through...beautiful thoughts on life that her husband, friends and family can share with the children as they make their way through life. I'm sure that when the r...ain comes, they will dance! We all need to dance. :)"

I then thought that maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to talk to her about a Mother's Day concert right after a young mother lost her life to a mysterious illness. I thought I would give her a day or two. Then out of curiosity I went to the blog of this woman who had just passed. Her name was "Caroline Ellavsky". Her blog is called LAUGHTER THROUGH THE STORM . I read her blog and was brought back to reality. She talked about keeping perspective and remaining positive. She was inspiring. She wrote. Had plans to pursue her dreams in writing and writing screenplays. She also had a heart for orphans. One of her children is adopted from Russia. In reading her posts, I really really related to her desire to write, her love for orphans. In a nutshell, I felt I had discovered a woman who should have been my best friend. Then it reminded me of how lucky I am to have written a book that made it to the number one spot on Amazon and how blessed I am to be LAUGHING IN THE STORM. Mark and I are writing a book called "Do I Have Obsessive Communion Disorder? A Confused Christian's Guide to Church." It has been such a blessing to us because we have had moments of laughing sooooooo much in the midst of our job issues/loss of income/decrease in gigs/downsizing our house. And Carolyn just blessed me in being such an example of grace under pressure. Joy in the midst of pain....SO, I have decided to turn my frown upside down and if possible Jennifer and I are arranging a concert at First United Methodist Church of Cary around Mother's Day in honor of Caroline and Mothers in general. We will take a love offering for her family and remind other Mothers to pursue their dreams...laugh during the storm and live each day with a gusto...and we will definately talk about adoption and orphans...

Pray for the Ellavsky family and that they still can remember Caroline laughing through the storm and that they too can feel such joy in remembering the Mother and woman she was....PICS OF CAROLINE HERE

0 comments: