Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2007

God brings a heart friend to our kids....

Today…was amazing and such a blessing. In Sunday school we had introduced ourselves and also mentioned our new children. We just received the referral Wed. Then a gentleman introduced himself and said one of his children was from Ethiopia. Right then and there I was thrilled. Also, most of my friends have the typical 2.5 children so I am thrilled with meeting people with big families. After the class, we spoke a little more and discovered that he also adopted through AAI and that ther son was at Layla House . Our children have been there since December 6th. This child came home in April.

We went to gather our kids to take to their regular Sunday school classes. We met the little boy 3 or 4 years. I had made a photo album from some of AAI’s snapfish shots. This little boy and his family were the only ones I ended up showing this album to. When he saw Yared he had a huge smile on his face and seemed to know who he was. Then during worship time I decided to give him a picture because he looked so happy. After church..I saw him again. I showed the boy some more pictures. And then he SHOCKED ME (of course I was delighted)..pointed to a picture of my middle child and said KIDIST….I am so touched by the fact that God could bring these children a friend from across the planet and also friends to us with similar experiences. GOD takes care of everything...what a miracle...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth in NC said...

Deanna & Mark,

It is SO obvious that God's Hand is in this adoption. What are the chances of another beautiful child from the SAME orphanage waiting in a church in NC?!?!?!? That is a God thing! I am so excited for you guys! I pray God will continue to multiply your efforts in all that you do! Love you guys! Beth