Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Abortion Confession Saves a Life! Nana Pam and Keshaun!!!


So, last year I finished my book and then realized that after 27 years of keeping my abortion secret I had to finally confess to my parents, kids, friends....

It was hard but something I knew the Lord wanted. One of the people I called was my friend Pam. I had contacted a few people from my old church to ask for help for the upcoming 40days for life campaign. I hadn't seen Pam in several months. But contacted her via email first. In those few exchanges Pam confessed her abortion too...and later told me about her 3 abortions. A few weeks after that we had a dinner at my house to discuss 40 days. I had spent a year studying abortion etc. but Pam had not really explored the effects of her own abortion etc. Still as we completed dinner we all talked about the upcoming event and then one of us said something that visibly struck Pam to the point where she was totally shaken. We didn't want to hit a trigger and had assumed that she had worked through her abortion experiences. But when one of us talked about the late term abortions Pam pretty much lost it....we all prayed over her.

I spoke to her that week about taking things slowly. She said "no, I am IN..I am called to fight for this cause etc." So, we would get together and talk about the bible etc and women's issues. One day Pam was working in her position as manager at a local fast food restaurant....one of her co workers was talking about her daughter and the pending abortion that was sched. Pam felt compelled to talk to the mother and daughter and give her own testimony. THis was still new to Pam but she confessed and made an impression on this family. She convinced the pregnant mother to postpone the abortion appointment and go to see an ultrasound at the pregnancy clinic. Pam drove her there. Pam talked to her about Jesus..Pam helped the young mother to choose life by offering to support this woman in any way she could.. Pam had gathered gift cards from church and would take this mother shopping for essentials. She would also take her to the doctors appointments. Pam helped talk the woman into going off drugs too.

Well, this September a beautiful baby boy (and I mean beautiful) named Keshaun was born. I am doing a video series on Pam. Pam has seen it all. Nothing shocks Pam. But her past has also made her qualified to speak to women who have been addicted, women who have had a hard time mothering and women who have aborted. For me, I am humbled. Not only about Pam but about how my confession led to Pam's confession which led to life. If someone had told me even 26 years ago that my abortion confession could save a life I believe I would have had more courage even back then to try to tell my story to inspire women to choose life for their babies....God is so good and I am watching as this young mother has Pam to help her still ...and Pam calls herself NANA to Keshaun. I am witnessing an entire community raise up a baby and give a young mother hope. I pray and wish this MODEL would be replicated throughout the US...just look at this baby....just look at Pam who was broken when parenting her own children post abortion as she loves unconditionally this baby...AWESOME GOD!!!


2 comments:

Shonni said...

What a beautiful testimony and tear jerker...
Our newest little one waiting in Ethiopia is names Keshawn Lee...and we are praying he is home soon!!!!!

Mabaxter said...

This is such a beautiful testimony and more beautiful baby...Bless you Pam and Deanna