Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Adoption Weight!

Yeah that is not a typo. I mean 'adoption WEIGHT" not "wait". Yes we usually talk about how long it takes to adopt etc. And we complain about our 'waits"...BUT I want to talk about a topic that is rarely discussed. It also isn't a proven phenomenon ...BUT in my life IT IS TRUE. When you adopt children you gain WEIGHT. I know many women will say "it was so great to adopt because I didn't have to put on pregnancy weight etc." But when I adopted my baby Matea in 2005 I gained weight and lost it. NOW and only now am I starting to LOSE the weight I put on by adopting my Ethiopian triplets (ages 11, 8, and 7).

I don't know why. Some will say it is just my age and after 40 you gain. NO NO NO! I gained about 15 or 20 pounds and went from a size 4 to a size 8 (sometimes GASP almost in a 10 jeans)...I brought them home and would cook every night. Then I would make cake every night. And one night decided NOT to make cake the kids came to the kitchen around 8 at night and said "What no cake?" Seriously, I over cooked thinking they would starve and have those bloated bellies in the middle of one of the most prosperous parts of NC if I didn't feed them. Yes..they have grown. BUT MAMA HAS GROWN TOO....SOOO, for all of you new adoptive moms out there..PLEASE BEWARE of the ADOPTION WEIGHT..It really exists. And could take 18 months to a 2 years to lose..watch what you eat and try to exercise. Because you never know when another adoption could be just around the corner...

1 comments:

Beth in NC said...

You are too funny. You are beautiful Deanna!