Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Update!

Tonight I am in NYC. I will be here until all Sunday morning. I am not in Times Square and not near any federal buildings (I am making that disclaimer to give my mom so comfort). Anyhow, the kids are doing very well. Although, I had to really discipline Jared again yesterday because he was started to not obey again. BUT he is extremely sweet otherwise. He had his ENT appointment today and we are now on ear drops (cipro) for two weeks. The Doctor will then revisit it. The doctor isn't sure but MAY see a punctured ear drum on the left side. He said he can't tell because of all of the fluid. However, all other test are normal. I had thought the doctors had taken a CBC test but it was just a test for HEP and retest of HIV which he is negative on all...SOOO he will need to take another blood test....The girls have their physicals on 3/13. AND for the next 3 weeks all 5 children (with the exception of Sam) are tracked out....SO...we have to find things to entertain them and give eachother (Mark and I) opportunities to work and continue to unpack the house....I don't like year round school a whole lot especially when one of my children is in traditional school.

This week my cousin Nora visited. We really enjoyed having her here. She ordered italian and i didn't have to cook. Plus, she brought a million sweet treats for us. Jared enjoyed both Nora and her husband Ron.

I actually have enjoyed my quiet time here in my hotel room tonight. But I had 3 meetings today. Tomorrow I have 4 meetings and will be back in my hotel room around 8 to enjoy the solitude. I then work on Saturday night and fly back on sunday morning.....with very little sleep.

Our house still hasn't sold and we have only had 2 people look in the past couple of weeks with the exception of the open house which hasn't warranted any success yet. But we are having another one on sunday so keeping our fingers crossed. Starting on 4/1 we have to be paying two mortgages....

Thank you Janine in Rockford for the most wonderful gift and encouragement etc. I will plant the wheat...

Overall, I am trying not to worry so much about the house not selling or our finances. I am trying to look at the big picture. We are healthy...our family is adapting really really well, our new house is beautiful and we are living one day and counting our blessings...believing God will provide and concentrating on practicing faith which means pushing through doubt etc....

blessings,
D

0 comments: