Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mom Jeans for Muffin Tops!!!


I wanna take a poll! Please comment by letting me know your serious opinion of MOM JEANS! These are the blue jeans that actually go over and up to your waist!!! I had to take the plunge (and I really need to go on a diet). Although most of my size 8's still fit me I decided to buy a size 10. I have gained about 20lbs since moving down south in 2002 and probably most of that is in the last 4 years. Anyhow, I actually look slimmer in my size 10's because I am no longer in denial...All of these photos are stock photos so please don't be confused that these are photos of my own muffin top but(t)....I had noticed that I have a muffin top or belly (and I would love to believe in tummy tucks but with 6 kids have decided no elective surgery)...and since most of the jeans these days are low low rise,,,i think the jean companies are totally against women who have had children...and if that isn't true they absolutely are out to get women in their late 30's and 40's and up who are storing their fat (ALL OF A SUDDEN) in their midsection....SO, the lowrise don't work and are everywhere..I go into the mall "Excuse me do you have any pants that go up higher" they look at me with a weird look and then when I am in the dressing room wrestle with the jeans that have about 3 inches of length in the crotch before the button....Disappointed I head home and find an old pair of GLORIA VANDERBILT jeans that I got from BJ's for 11.99 with a stretch that comes all the way over my belly and I love them (and low and behold still make me a comfortable 8).....>Now I won't go so far as to wear a tucked in shirt with them. I am convinced that if I wear a tunic these jeans can double as spanks(girdle) and jeans...then I tell myself that I would love a pair of maternity jeans even though I am not and probably will never be pregnant again...I also believe that most of us would fit into a size smaller if the jeans were simple not low rise...think of it scientifically....the jeans would pull over the belly and the buckle or snap would bypass the fat part making its way up to the skinny section above the fatty section...so snap or button at the torse would make the so called --waist a few inches smaller...(my jean theory)... So what is so wrong with MOM JEANS? They feel better....and if we wear the kind with pleats they actually somehow minimize the fatty flab part....LOL!


Now there is also a pic of Cindy McCain who looks FABU in MOm Jeans...I think when we embrace the changes in our lives (get new jeans in the proper size)...rather than remaining in denial (shoving your stuff inside jeans that are too small thereby creating a similar effect to pushing the toothpaste from the bottom up)...we actually will feel and look better. WHAT IS IN A NUMBER ANYHOW...if there were japanese jeans I would be like a size 20....So..does anyone have any jean alternatives or favorite jeans...AND what is your opinion of MOM JEANS...SHOULD WE START A MOVEMENT TO REVIVE THEM...or maybe all of you think they are super ugly!! THey sort of are funny but OH SO MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE and my priorities like my body fat is shifting to prefer the comfortable over the stylish....

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I don't care what we call them. I just want a pair of pants that sit on my hips/waist the way they are SUPPOSED to - like any normal, modest person should want them. I can't stand the clothes these days. I don't want to look at anyone's butt crack and I certainly don't want anyone to look at mine!

M.A.P. said...

Hi from the Philippines! I saw your update on Twitter (I am filyouth4life there)and I was curious what mom jeans for muffin tops were. I was smiling as I read your post. It's so funny and true! As for me, I like mom jeans too! My solution to the low-rise women's jeans that never fit me: I bought regular-rise and medium-rise men's jeans instead and just had them cut to length and tapered. They fit me like mom jeans would.