Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Naysayers!

Today we let some friends know about our adoption news. It was exciting to hear mostly positive enthusiastic responses. But also some people surprised me. There are some that I expected to hear support from that fell into the "you are sure to ruin your life" comments. And if I am being positive I will say that those comments still probably mostly come from a place of love...but it isn't from a place of faith and courage. I believe that the more you practice faith the more courageous you become. I believe this is because when you are suspended by faith into the unknown that is when God can reveal Himself to you. But I forget that many people have never been out there past the ledge and into the air waiting for God to catch them....So, I chose to just nod my head...let them speak but say to myself...'too bad they haven't learned how to fly in God's arms"......My faith has grown from taking many steps..not of blind faith but of thought and prayer and patience waiting for God to tell me when to jump. POINT IS: I am not going to let fear talk me out of doing what God is telling us we can do.... I may not be able to convince everybody of that but there isn't a doubt in my mind. Yes..there will be grief for our new children to fly through, a language barrier, a racial barrier...but I believe the view from up there is going to be beautiful

3 comments:

Journeyman said...

People need to understand what it's like to hear His voice in your head imploring you to take action; to Do More and Get Involved, using the gifts that gave you. And in my experience, His exhortation only gets louder with each passing day. In time you realize that you can either step out in faith and trust that God will provide, or you can choose to ignore Him. But consider the ramifications of ignoring HIM! I mean; sure, I could opt to stick with our status quo and not extend myself any further. But even if we put aside the idea of ignoring God (if only for a second), realize the consequences of my inaction in the lives of all the potential adoptees whose lives will surely stagnate in squalor, sickness, unrelenting sorrow, utter poverty and premature death. How can I possibly consider turning away from that kind of living nightmare and still look myself in the mirror each morning? Now add to that the fact my God is imploring me to do this, and I don't see that I can refuse. He's calling out to us to do this; His children are in dire need, and we have the means to save a few of them. I realize that in the larger picture we are only saving three out of millions. But if others would do the same and extend themselves for these poor orphans, them perhaps we could start saving this world instead of just complaining about it; not to mention receiving the gift of God's blessings as well.

Beth in NC said...

I am so thankful that God has placed this on your heart. I would love to fill our home full of children.

I can't believe people are already trying to rain on your joy, but YOU KNOW the JOY of the Lord will be so great in this adventure.

I am so proud of you guys and I love you! I can hardly wait to meet your little angels from Ethiopia.

Love you!
Beth

Anonymous said...

Hurray for surrendrance! Way to go, Journeyman, and Deanna. It really is so beautiful to see how you all are following your orders from God....what better path to take? We must all try to take the leap of faith with cheerful obedience to His wish and will. Surrender to His will requires trust. How beautiful to trust in His will. Whatever He ordains is of the highest benefit to all concerned. "Keep your faces turned toward the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you!" (quote by Meher Baba, my inspiration!)We are very happy for you all.