Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2007

What a Great DAY..Thanks to my amazing family...

What a great day. I spent the day cleaning the house and calling sisters and my mom. Last night before I went to bed I had to chuckle because I realized I was more afraid of breaking this news to my mother than I was at actually going to Ethiopia, bringing the kids home etc. I don't know why that is...in the past several years I believe I have constantly shown my mother how I can shock her at any given moment. AND she always takes it as a trouper. And I am the youngest of the 4 gals who have completely challenged her and stepped out on faith before...So, my mom is very happy and supportive. I am sure she is also worried but mostly happy. And Barney (my step dad) was super sweet to me on the phone.....he seems to completely get our motivation...He said something like this..."I am in awe...you know we give $20 here and there for charity but you are giving your lives to these kids." Then he quoted a bible scripture. My sisters are wonderful and i think will all make excellent aunts....I am just elated at having this support from my family. Each and everyone of them is so special and I thank God that I have been blessed with such a great family (which is growing as we speak)...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna, you never have anything to fear from me - as Grandma C used to say so often "be fearless and confident in all things" there was more but I can't find the biblical verse that it came from.......so my dear, I am in full support of your decisions - I even bought something this morning after church for your future children that was made in the Holy Land................

Love, Mom