Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

YES ...we are adopting again!

Some of you may be shocked..that with 3 kids, busy career etc..that we will be taking on adopting 2 more kids from Ethiopia. I know it sounds crazy! But that being said ,please believe me when I tell you we know that this is God's will for our family. I just can't imagine saying NO to God on this one. And while we are scared, we are also really excited. When God puts a heavy burden on your heart to DO something for Him, we can chose to sit still , plug our ears and ignore Him or take a leap of faith. We are taking the leap. I just don't want to have to answer to Him when He says "I gave you a heavy burden to adopt MY children and you ignored me." So, here we go again, taking the leap of faith, believing it is something that pleases Him.

James; 2, 14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

I ask all of you (our friends and family) to pray for us. Pray for our children to adjust, to accept and love eachother, and all stay healthy. Pray for the children in Africa and in this world that have no one and cry out every night for someone/anyone. Pray for the mothers who have to die not knowing if anyone will come to hug their children after they are gone. Pray that we will continue to hear God's voice and be led to the children God is bringing to our family. Pray for our new children in Ethiopia now as God is making a way for their new family to come to them and for their prayers to be answered.

And mostly celebrate and praise God with us as we start an adventure and journey that is going to be challenging, rewarding, incredible, amazing, life changing, life altering and a huge blessing to all of us....we love you all ...

2 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Hi Deanna & Mark! You guys know I am so excited for you and your family. God doesn't choose many of us to walk in the faith that you two display. You are blessed and chosen to be trusted with such wonderful children.

I am blessed to be in your lives as you walk through this new adventure.

Love you guys!
Beth

Anonymous said...

Deanna and Mark, Your faith and trust in the Lord is amazing and as your Mother, Deanna, i feel so truly blessed to have you as my "child".....I am positive God will help you walk thru the steps that you will be taking in this process until it all becomes a reality and you have two more children to grace your table and live in your home.......blessings to all of you and as we did with Matea, God willing, we will be there in North Carolina to welcome your new family as you walk thru that airport in Raleigh...........my love to all of you.

Mom