Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

YAY..an army of kids!

I know it is a little late for me to be figuring this out but man is it great having a lot of kids. This morning our second car had a dead battery. So, I had to stay home from church which first ticked me off. Mark was already there because he goes early for band practice. So, i made chocolate pancakes which were really really yummy...THen all of the kids went outside with me to pick weeds at 9am. The incredible thing was that we had so many weeds(6 garbage bags). But the kids pulled the weeds happily and then cleaned the entire garage. I am now determined to lay out a dozen extra chores like cleaning out the linen closets, pantry....organizing the shoes in the mudroom, organizing the small clothes etc....because this was the greatest thing ever. I have given Grace and Andrew (ages 10) the title of vice presidents of domestic affairs. I also let them pick their team and give me a job report when they were done.."well matea started out helping but then stopped (she is three)." said Andrew. Tomorrow we head off to Myrtle Beach again (pray for peace). This time we have a kitchen and two bedrooms. SO, we are hoping it is smooth. We also are only staying 3 nights and 4 days. And when we get back we will start our cleaning regimine.....Also, we are teaching the kids to pray to Jesus. Ella wants a bible (grace grabbed the kids bible)...but of course Ella can't even read yet but we will find one for her anyhow....and read the children's stories....pray for our house to close this week....blessings,d

0 comments: