Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tracked out ...OHHHH NOOOO!

So we live in NC where this evil thing called year round school has been implemented. My kids have been in school since July6 with the exception of Samantha who just started her senior year in High School...She is on a standard schedule. And the baby Matea just started her 3 morning pre school on the first monday of track out for the other 4. Year round means they go 9 weeks and then three weeks off. The three weeks always come as a surprise. AND MY HOUSE IS INSANE AND MESSY AND I HAVE NO PEACE....There is literally a constant loop and echo of 'mommy mommy mommy mommy..." But i am also having a blast with them. Everyday the kids cannot believe they have 3 weeks off..they say "mom how many days left"...yesterday with coffee in my hand and dread in hearing the number '21'...today "mom no school today." I say "No honey just 20 more days until school again.." YIKES! Some of you have been reading my blog for awhile and remember when we went to myrtle beach for two days too many. Well we are attempting the visit again. In July we got a call from someone offering a great deal at the marriott for 3 nights and 4 days in a two bedroom condo next week. Of course it didn't dawn on us until last week that it is hurricane season. SO we will hope for good weather..no hurricanes and hoping too for understanding condo neighbors when we get there.

Ella is obsessed with fake hair. We have purchased every children's play wigs and comb extensions and I find fake hair (orange, purple, hot pink and yellow) everywhere. I was talking with one of the repair man in our foyer and she walks up and hands me this huge wad of black hair (looks like hers but it is fake)...the guy sort of looked at me and I had to explain. She also found a waterproof red marker that she enjoyed using as lipstick. She wanted to practice kissing the pink basketball she has....

All the kids took chalk to outline the layout of their dream homes on the driveway. Andrew has a weight room, ball park, basketball and viewing room and no kitchen and bathroom...just like a boy. We have what I thought were plants growing taller than me which ends up being weeds (looked like small trees to me)....But Mark and I both expect the other person to go out and pick the weeds. We still have not established who's department that is. We have division of labor for everything else ie he takes out the garbage (actually Andrew does now), I do dishes and grocery shopping....he is the one to take care or talking to any govt office...dmv, irs, insurance...I lose patience and start screaming at them. But I am great with social stuff...parties etc. Still the gardening thing is gray area and so the guy across the street whose yard looks like astro turf and the botanical gardens must love the various nuclear plant weeds and the blue, yellow and pink chalk markings on the driveway along with the inflatable beach ball that floats over to his yard everytime the wind blows....along with the plastic icey packaging that the kids threw on the ground.....Well looks like I can start counting down from '19' days tomorrow...whoo hoo...before I know it school will start again..

0 comments: