Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Finger!

Sometimes the conversations and prayers at the dinner table just makes me laugh. First off, our two youngest (Matea and Jared) are totally hijacking prayer time at dinner. It usually starts off with a loud fight with who is going to pray first. Today Jared won and then he prayed "Thank you jesus for mom make breakfas fo dinna lasa night." (I made chocolate pancakes and an omelette the night before which everyone loved)...He then said "And thank you for teacha's an my new cahh (meaning car)..fo ginooo shai.." Then Matea says "SANK YOU for (she names everyone at the table) and my new baby doll..." Then she looks up and screams at whoever giggles at her...this goes on for 10 minutes until we all yell 'IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN!"...so tonight I finally got really tired of Jared pointing with his middle finger. He is 6 and has been here for awhile and it is getting out of hand (pardon the pun). So 15 minutes of dinner conversation was about which is the appropriate pointing finger...I then say "Middle finger. This finger." Holding up my middle finger for all to see..."No good for pointing"...then everyone picks up their middle finger to show me....and then I say , while grabbing Jared's appropriate pointing finger as he points to the mashed potatoes..."THIS is the finger you point with." Grace holds up her middle finger."Mom this finger no good in etiopia too. NO GOOD" THis finger is good....I of course never told them why..but there were 8 of the bad fingers going up at one time until we all agreed we would try harder not to use THAT finger to point..I even sent Jared's teacher a note to help us reinforce the middle finger situation...I don't want to see him at 10 using that finger...I figure since he is just 6 we can work on it....certain things you would never imagine having to fix.

2 comments:

Beth in NC said...

LOL ... I can visually see this conversation. Ha. Too cute!

Tara said...

Too funny! By the way Im tagging you! Go to my blog for details:
www.elonensrgrowing.blogspot.com