Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

My Little Oranges!

Amazing Night! I am so sorry that I am faltering on my blogging. I have been in NYC for almost a whole week. So, I may have mentioned before about a vision I had while in the process of adopting but I have to repeat it because tonight I received unbelievable confirmation from Grace.

Prior to the referral of our Ethiopian children I had been deep in prayer one day.... I prayed and prayed and in the middle of the day saw a winter scene where everything was white. And then the next scene I was in a hospital where the white snow had turned to bright white lights and then the next thing I knew I saw these beautiful brown hands and a hand full or oranges. I really believed it was the mother of my kids handing me her children as offerings etc. I later learned that I had that vision right around the same time the kids were put into the orphanage. I also learned about a book called the PERFECT ORANGE where an ethiopian girl gives a perfect orange to the king. So I thought the story was over.....We adopted our three children and found out that their mother had passed away a few years prior...so I believed my interpretation of the vision with the mother offering her children to me and therefore in approval and acceptance was all i needed.....

TOnight (about a year and a half after the vision) I am speaking with my daughter Grace. She is helping me in the kitchen. We were talking about names. And then I said "did they call you Ejigay in Ethiopia?" She said "No mom we call each other silly names. I call my agoat (uncle) funny names...My mom always call me a name that everyone then call me all the time and we laugh...she call me ' bustacon' ...you know that mean ...ORANGE!" I said "orange like the color...?" She says "Mommy no...orange like the food"....I am standing in the fridge getting the milk and I literally had chills running all over myself...She said "Mom...all the time my mom call me bustacon and then everybody knows to call me bustacon..I like bustacon mommy..." Then Ella heard and said "sometimes mom call me bustacon too..." So I realize she knows more english now and is learning about prayer and Jesus...so I explain the vision and said...I knew that bustacon was important to her mom. I tell her about the vision..she says "How you see that?" I explain about prayer some more......and then later that night we read a book coincidentally about angels and the concept of Jesus allowing her mom to show me oranges..made her so happy and she had a smile on her face all night...we talked about angels all night....she went to bed saying "I love you so much..." I said "good night Bustacon"......

3 comments:

Beth in NC said...

I remember that vision Deanna! Oh my gosh! I want to cry. That is absolutely beautiful! I pray Grace will always remember this. Hey - perhaps you could include this in their adoption book if you have one made. Awesome! Thanks for posting!

Dana said...

This is a beautiful story. I love how God gives us those small gifts and confirmations along the way.
Dana

Debbie said...

What an awesome experience to have!!! God is amazing!! God bless your family!!

Debbie