Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Forgetting Pajama Day!

Okay...remember a few posts ago titled "Multitasking at its worst?" I mentioned how I accidentally mixed up the pajama and comfortable clothing notes and sent Jared to school with pajamas for FAMILY MUSIC NIGHT. He was the only child in a crowd of 400 kindergarteners and their parents in pajamas. I was acting cool as some women who strangely think I am very hip because I am a NY singer said "Wow what a great idea...I should have chosen to have Zachary in his pajamas"...I tried to act like a hip 'soho ish artist type" trend setter just knowing I totally messed up my calendar. Well yesterday as the kids were going to school I noticed that Grace and Jared were both in their pajamas and Andrew and Ella were not. I knew that Grace had pajama day because she is older and totally on to the fact that I forget things...She has been telling me for a week that her class had pajama day that day. She even went so far to request a pink robe and had her outfit strategically placed out about 4 days in advance (she is very efficient). Well I didn't recall receiving a note from Jared's class..We asked the other two kids who were not in JAMMIES...both of them knew it wasn't an official pajama day...So both Mark and I turned to Jared and said "Jared..it isn't pajama day for everyone. Go and change out of your superman jammies and put some clothes on..." He said "But mom"....we both said "Go change..hurry the bus is almost here." Jared said "AW MANNNN" and went to change...Well later that day as I was getting the kids at the bus stop after school I noticed that all of the other kids from Jared's class had their jammies on....I just couldn't help laughing at myself....I must have laughed for 20 minutes..Jared is so happy and funny....Grace said "Mom Jared only person in his class with no pajamas." I kept laughing...and Jared said "Mom not funny....can I play with my friend Rager..." Truly God has to have a sense of humor in the way he keeps us humble. AND the people at the school must think we are total rebels...kids wear pajamas at full school public events but decide NOT to wear pajamas on the actual pajama day....

4 comments:

Beth in NC said...

ROFL ... poor Jared! Deanna, why didn't you take him some PJ's to school? Poor kid. Tell him to give Ms. Beth a copy of his schedule and I'll remind his very busy Mommy. lol

This really is too funny after the first mix up!

Deanna said...

I didn't realize until after school that I had made the mistake. Poor kid didn't even have the chance.....

kristikay said...

so funny...and best that you can laugh about it!!

Anonymous said...

oh man....(laughing so hard) you could not have even PLANNED that post better!