Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

A week in review/ UNC Charlotte! Fevers and hair!

So my week started by performing at the Breakers in Palm Beach flying back on Sunday. Wednesday I went to Pinehurst for a site inspection for a wedding and yesterday and today I was in Charlotte checking out UNC for Samantha.

Ella made Mark breakfast today. I was still in Charlotte. She chose to make celery with peanut butter and chopped pecans...Mark hates vegetables as well as nuts...he ate it anyhow...



I have been busy. I am so excited for Samantha but already experiencing a little sadness in having her leave. I totatlly have mixed feelings. The campus at UNCC is gorgeous and everything is located on 1000 acres. There are several brand new buildings. She will be studying PR and Journalism. Charlotte is a thriving city as well and I am really happy for her. Still, watching my first child head off to college is a bittersweet thing. I am so proud of her and simultaneously aware of how much I am going to miss her. In the meantime, I have 5 more kids at home. All of whom are volunteering to take her room eventhough I intend on keeping it for her. Ella and Grace say "Okay but when she gets married when she is 20 we want her room" To them everyone gets married at 20..

Matea has had a fever for three days. She also seems to be getting more intelligent as she called Andrew a nuissance (I had to put the spell check on for that one)...she also wanted to know what 'guts' were and can write her name and when I asked her "Habla Espanol Matea?" She yelled at me " I don't want to speak Spanish!!!"

Tonight our friend Yemi braided the kids hair (will add pics later)...I am attaching a picture of Ella with all of her hair prior to braiding...

My book is in to the editor now. She will start working on it in March. Work is slow so worried about income but keeping perspective. We are all healthy overall and happy..

1 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Poor Matea! I pray she will be better ASAP and that nothing will pass around to the other kids (and you & Mark).

I can't imagine sending your baby off to college. Oh dear. :o(

And that was very sweet of Mark to eat his least favorite foods. What a sweet man!

Love you guys,
Beth