Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back from NYC with Sam!

Just got back from NY with Sam. It was great to have that time with her before she heads off to college in a month.

We flew in EARLY on a Friday night to LGA. We had Penne pasta for dinner and then had our toes done at the nail place. AND then had cupcakes at the famous MAGNOLIA CAFE.  

Saturday, we went shopping at HM and then I took a train to my gig at the NY Athletic Club in Pelham NY.  Where I got to wear my girlfriend Lori's amazing jewelry *see pic)...She gave me some great necklaces...Sam stayed with her friend Lauren and shopped and hung out in Central Park.

Sunday I had a meeting in the morning and then we went to the village and canal street. At night we went to Cafe lalo for dessert and dinner with my friend Andrea...Monday morning we came home...SOOO TIRED TODAY...

I will say that time flies. I cannot believe that my sweet daughter Sam with be 18 in a few days. The day she was born was also the day I was transformed, renewed and healed. In many ways it was my birth day because I was truly born again by her birth. I remember seeing her for the first time as if it was yesterday.  I totally felt as if I could breathe for the first time in 10 years once she was in my arms.  Now she heads off to college and I head into a new career addition as an author....Her birth and life are very much a part of the story...but now we head into a new chapter as I start my very SLOW entry into becoming an empty nester ...(technically that will be about 15 years...LOL)...Still one is out of the nest although we are not allowed to touch anything in her room ...so not sure how EMPTY the house will be...AND as she heads into the unknown as a college student, I head into the unknown with a new book and CD to come out soon...pray for us.....we are excited, optimistic and simultaneously terrified..but God is good and we are believing that the miracles will continue to pour out...Praises to Him!

2 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Oh Deanna, I can't imagine sending my little one off to college! I am concerned enough about kindergarten!!!

I'm glad you had such a nice trip with Sam.

Your pictures are great and I love the jewelry Lori made!

Love you,
b

Anonymous said...

I am sure Sam will have sweet memories of this special trip. Good luck to her at UNC-Charlotte.
Where were the other kids? Didn't see them in church Sunday.