Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July 2009!

So it was a really great 4th. Shmoopy went to the lake with her friend. But that is happening alot as she is gearing up to go to college. She tried water skiing and thinks she needs more upper body strength.

We started out at the YMCA after I slept in. Breakfast was Dunkin Donuts as Mark took them out for the special treat. I took them swimming then at the YMCA.
Mark had to practice for the Jersey Boyz. He is playing the keyboard part for the road tour when it is in our area. Awesome extra gig to catch. I had the band over for a potluck taco dinner here the other day. They have been on the road for 2.5 years and my girlfriend Caren is in the band as is my friend Chris on sax.

So the kids went to the YMCA and had free gourmet ice cream sundaes from KILWIN's...

We came home and then went to a picnic with our church. Had a blast.

We then decided to forgo the crowd with the fireworks and head home. We again were blessed. As the sun set we heard some fireworks, went outside and no kidding it was as if we were given our own FIREWORKS SHOW...Our neighbors about 4 houses down no lie put on a show that looked like the Grucci Brothers in NY (they put on the Macy's show)...we had the kids put out their blankets, made popcorn and were on our front lawn with a birdseye view and no trees in the way..PLUS...no crowds...bathroom inside...full fridge and all in our jammies...IT ROCKED...

Of course earlier in the day I again noticed that Jared came out of the house again with mis matching flip flops...at least they weren't pink sparkles and hello kitty ones..
We are leaning on God. Starting school on Tuesday (with the exception of the little one-Princessa) and getting ready for college with Shmoopie in August....and my book release in August as well...we'll also be in Illinois for 10 days during next track out in September...

2 comments:

Eileen and Jerry Mestas said...

Hello Sweetie!!

Great to hear things are going soooo well. We have to get together. Hey, Carolyn got in touch with me. When is she coming to Raleigh, can we all get together??? Miss you!

I need to talk to you about the book too!!

Love Eileen

Tim said...

Hey there friend! I couldnt figure out how to leave a comment on th book blog so I came here.

I was so thrilled to see you back linking up to Vlogemotions! You just dont know how much.

I am so excited for you are your book release, I know you are so proud of this HUGE accomplishmnet. You have a wonderful message to share, and I cant wait to hear more.

Hope to see you Vlogemoing again soon!

Love and Prayers,

Tim