Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Getting closer/finally shopped!

Both groups before me have passed court and we are up for a court date any day now. That means we'll probably get a court date around 10/23 (guessing) and then if we pass court I think we leave 3 weeks after which now puts us at the end of November....but in the world of international adoption that could mean a week sooner or later....Anyhow, I am getting excited and very nervous.

Funny thing: Last night Matea, Andrew, Mark and I went to hear the African Children's CHoir at Duke. There were only about 20 of us who came to their dress rehearsal (they didn't advertise just called some people they knew to come)...anyhow, Matea was quite upset when we left because she didn't understand why we weren't bringing our kids home. Apparently, she thought that Ejigayehu, Kidist and Yared were on stage. We tried to explain to her (she is only 2 and a half) that they were still in Africa but I am convinced she thinks we left our kids on stage in the auditorium at Duke.

So, I also attempted to register a LIST at Target of potential gifts for our family. Many people are asking and we do not have any clothing for girls ages 6-8...so I bought a few things today but realized that every thing costs 3x's as much (DUHHHH???) so I will try to put a link to our gift registry..it is not under BABY registry but rather under Lists..I think...You can look for my name Deanna Falchook or LIst name is FALCHOOK ADOPTION created for: Yared Falchook (the easiest of the 3 names) and list ID (hope you don't need this) is 012399301018007....

Don't officially have sizes but looking at size 6 or a little smaller for Kidist, Ejigayehu 7 or 8, Yared 4...but have no clue about shoes...they told me they would send me sizes before we left. Good thing otherwise the kids will be barefoot..

0 comments: