Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Let's Celebrate for Martha and Melkem!

I don't have any concrete news on the status of Martha and Melkem. But I do know that there may be a family that is dossier ready to adopt them and if that isn't true I also know that there is interest by another family to adopt them. SO, I just want to praise God that these girls will have their dreams and prayers come true by having a family in 2008. I can't wat to meet them...I might have to hold back the good news but it will make me happy knowing in my heart that they will not have to worry much longer. And that other children at Layla House will find homes this year. I think of all the children that are not fortunate enough to even make it into a great orphanage and just try desparately to exist on the streets.

Mark had a sweet dream today about Kidist and Ejigayehu...he said he was in the airport with them on the way home watching them eating chicken nuggets with ketchup all over their faces and blissfully happy to be coming home to America and to our other children....what a sweet dream....

Last night Matea still had a fever....she would not leave my side. I literally held her for hours. My sweet 9 year old boy Andrew noticed that I didn't have dinner. I told him I wasn't that hungry but it was now 8 pm and apparently he didn't believe me. My sweet son left the room for a few minutes and came back with a salami, cheese sandwich (DRY-no mayo or nothing) and a full banana skin and all on a plate. He was so sweet in bringing me dinner. I am not a salami fan but I felt like I had heard some biblical words of wisdom about never turning down a meal from a child (I think it was actually Erma Bombeck)...but anyhow, it felt like a sin to say "Sorry andrew I don't like Salami" So I ate the sandwich because I was so touched that he thought about me...It was delicious..How thoughtful...he even brought the plate back and came back with a chocolate muffin...the next morning I found cheese wrappers on the floor. I love being a mom...

1 comments:

Ellie said...

Hooray for Martha and Melkem!! We have been praying for them to get a home.
Ellie Mestas
&
Family