Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit!

So, I am going to go to the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit on May1-3 in Ft. Lauderdale. It isn't costing us alot either because of airline points and Marriot points. I just really felt led and made the decision to go by myself. And then I decided to ask a couple of friends if they were going and I found out my friends Eileen and Jerry are coming too. AND I noticed that a pastor from Hope Community Church in Cary (Mike Lee) is going to be speaking. I have never met him. On sunday I had a potluck with my friends. We all go to different churches now. My friends Scott and Malinda are now going to Hope Community. I was speaking to Scott about the conference and mentioned that his new pastor Mike Lee is speaking at the conference. Two minutes later I hear Scott say "Deanna, Mike Lee is across the street." I said "No Way!" He said "there he is". I had only said hello to our neighbor across the street once because we have only been here a few weeks and just haven't had the time to chat. SO, Mike was going into the neighbors house with a gift or something. I run over there barge into the neighbors house. It would appear that Mike's sister lives across the street . And his brother in law is our senior pastor Ron Lewis' insurance agent. So, I now know Mike Lee and will reintroduce myself to him as his sister's neighbor when I see him in Florida. It was just too weird because it was literally two minutes after we said the man's name.

In the meantime, I have spent the past few days refereeing (is that a word) between Matea 3 and Jared 5. Jared is always in his superman outfit. Matea is constantly stealing his cape. I will be in the kitchen cleaning and I hear a blood curdling scream from Jared and it is because Matea has stolen the cape again. We have explained to him that when he goes to kindergarten he will have to wear regular clothing. On sunday, Grace spoke with Melkem who is a friend of hers from Ethiopia who just came home along with her sister Martha from Layla house to Washington state. When we started the adoption Martha and Melkem had no parents and would plea with us to pray for them to get a family. I am thrilled and Grace was elated to talk to them. It is so humbling how amazing GOd's love is.

We saw the movie EXPELLED and loved it. Ben Stein is a brilliant and funny man. We signed up for FReECYCLE (check it out in your local communities) and have given away free stuff including moving boxes and recieved some things (like fake plants). We still haven't sold the house but just brought the price down. My realtor wants me to go now to all of the secondary rooms and paint a neutral. SO, we are going to try to do it (if I ever find a minute). There is an open house this weekend. THe neighbor now has his house on the market too and he has the best landscaping in the world and the same house. And he is having an open house on the same day. Pray that we both sell our house this weekend...(not sure why I am asking to pray for the neighbors house too but why not. God's love and generosity is unlimied)

I am going to try to find a way to keep the superman cape on. And just sending love to all those contemplating adopting older children and saying that they will be greatly blessed. Our lives are guided by the hands of God and it is so clear. I am so happy!

Blessings,
D

0 comments: