Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

God sends us a real life PRINCE!

Sometimes God has an obvious sense of humor. I had really been praying about our mortgage and God providing enough work for us to pay our salaries etc. One month ago I booked this gig at the Plaza for its reopening with this gigantic party. I booked it through an event planner. So, they wanted 9 beautiful female violinists and 3 beautiful female harpists. They also wanted them to be fitted for haute couture dresses and have body paint and hair and make up. They also asked me to get 9 white violins (which I did). The rehearsals/fittings were all sched. Last week I told them that until I received at least 75% of the payment I couldn't have the girls go to anything (fittings etc). They were anxious and sent in a credit card payment. Peter Cincotti, Boyz2men, Paul Anka and a surprise alist celebrity like Mariah Carey or something were also scheduled to perform. This week they canceled the gig. I told them no refunds and billed them for the balance. Last night I learned that the client was actually an ARAB PRINCE that had to cancel because of a death in the family. They told me they would rebook the date and call me again. I reminded them that we are not crediting this payment for the future date but they would get an entirely new contract. They said "Oh, we understand"...So now God used an Arab Prince this month to help pay for our salaries and groceries. And I get to stay home on May 10th. The musician's are all getting paid as well.....and I think the entire party with everything probably was going to cost 2million (my take was miniscule compared to the total). The prince sort of just nonchalantly canceled the party and I will be in NC having BBQ and a nice mother's day weekend.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW! So glad you are home for Mother's day. But what a story.

Janine said...

That is so awesome! I think that was God's way of rewarding you for being such a great mom to six children. He wants you to enjoy Mother's Day weekend at home with your beautiful family. :)