Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day! No expectations!

My husband said the funniest thing. He said "I had a great Father's Day! But that's what happens when you have no expectations." HA! For some reason that had me laughing for quite awhile. Remember how I had all of these grand expectations on mother's day and ended up with cow manure in my shoes?????

So, we had worked in Charlotte until 12am and got home at 3am ish. We tried to sleep in (about 9am). ANd then I made Mark coffee and all of the kids gave him cards. SPENT 50bucks...we have all agreed to make home made cards next time....anyhow, he was thrilled. We went out for Italian food (Pizza for the kids). And then he went to work selling men's shirts and I took a nap. He came home later to more italian food (I mad ziti) and said.."I had a great Father's Day!" Serve the man italian food and he is all set.

I know I speak so much about Mothering issues but want to give my hubby a huge HIGH FIVE (can you tell which generation I am from). He is a great husband and father and we are blessed to have him. It was sweet seeing all of the kids handing him the cards....

TOnight Andrew won his semi finals ...in baseball. So now Wed night he will play for first place. It was a huge nail biter tonight but the team pulled it out at the last minute...incredible.

I thank God for my husband and have learned to not have any expectations trying to plan the happy moments of my life but instead valuing them every day....I have amazing moments with my children every day and that is all I need....

0 comments: