Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Graduations etc

So we had Jeter boy's graduation first which was a 40 minute event. Had to take the kids home because they were freaking out....And this week Schmoopy had her graduation. I cried...But their theme some was "Don't you Forget about me" from SIMPLE MINDS...i thought that was funny. Sam graduated with honors from a school that is very tough...and then that night in all seriousness Schmoops said "is 7x7 42..." NO LIE!  I just about fainted...then she said "oh yeah its 49. We all use calculators."  HUH???? Right now I am at college with her for her orientation. She is taking a math placement test and foreign language test. We got up at 5 in the morning to drive 2 hours to her school....I practically fell asleep during the financial aid presentation..COFFEEEEE!!!!!  Parents were separated from the kids.  So I made friends with a woman from our area. Turns out Sam was simultaneously visiting with the woman's daughter in another building. There were hundreds of people here...so cool...We had a party for her friday night...I had a gig in Pinehurst saturday....and now am in a hotel room writing a song in between blog posts. My book is hopefully going to production this week...waiting for the account manager to pass it through....keep your eyes open for release dates etc which should be in August.  Fell off the diet wagon over graduation and now am going to be challenged by my extremely athletic friend who wants me to start getting up at 6 to work out. Anyone who knows me is laughing as we speak.....I'll see...
gotta go...blessings...Deanna

1 comments:

Beth in NC said...

First, let me tell you how much I LOVEEEEEE your new photo in the header! It is awesome!

Second, I can hardly wait to get a copy of your book!

Third, who is going to work out with you at 6am? I am envious because I need steady exercise!

Love you!
b