Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Songs about Grace no Songs About Ella!!!

This past week we celebrated Ella's 8th birthday on 8/12. We had 8 girls over for a slumber party last week. Ella was thrilled. We had cake, ice cream, pizza, popcorn and a huge breakfast...Then after everyone else left around 10 we all cleaned up from the party and then I had them all clean the garage with me. They didn't enjoy that much..LOL..

Ella got some birthday money and we took her shopping for clothing. It was honestly the first time since last year's birthday that she was able to spend some money on herself. It was so refreshing!!! She walked into the store and literally loved everything. She was not picky at all just really grateful and excited. I do remember picking them up from the orphanage and having them be a little picky with their clothes..but we usually get hand me downs because I really can't afford to be buying new clothes all the time and really don't see the point since they grow so fast and many of my friends happily give us clothes...SO, she bought some outfits and looked beautiful..

Mark is working at a department store in the men's clothing department. It has been a slow year so we haven't been working much. So, he has had to work to make some money for us....So, we had been cleaning and didn't look all that great but walked into the high end store anyhow to see Mark (and hand him his keys because i had walked off with them). The kids were still all so new to the escalator that it surprised me. The were so enamored with it and equally afraid and excited of it...so we went up and down. Then I ran into one of my favorite clients but was embarrassed because I looked like I had been cleaning..which I had...

Later in the car I am singing a Christian song from the radio...Ella says "Mommy how come you are always singing about Grace and not about me???" I thought that was so funny. And Matea started then singing AMAZING GRACE...Then Ella says what does my name mean...this came after we explained what Grace meant and what Matea means (gift from God)..I told her that her name meant SHE in spanish and she was miserable..how come Matea has a special name and Grace too....Then I reminded her that she was named after my Grandmother...But then I remembered something cool that I had never thought of...Her middle name is her EThiopian name KIDIST...it means blessed...so then I said your name means "SHE IS BLESSED!!!" I am really the one that is blessed.

0 comments: