Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Breakfast of Champions!



I am just noticing that my kids eat like an army. When we were at Denny's on our trip down to Florida they ate everything on their plates. I thought it was amazing because all of the plates (with the exception of mine) were totally clean and Andrew was looking for more food. At Disney, same thing. 5 kids pizzas with grapes and cookies on the side...ALLLLLL GONE...So this morning the kids seemed hungry. They started with cereal. Then they said they were still hungry. So i made bacon, eggs and french toast. All the eggs were gone (a dozen) as well as the bacon. The french toast didn't go over that well. Matea and Ella said 'oohhh gross". They thought it was regular toast until they bit into it.

Mark and I are so grateful to have these children in our lives. Only 4 years ago we had 2 children and our family has grown exponentially since 2005 when Matea came home from Guatemala. It was this scripture and a vision I had that convicted us to adopt.

Matthew 25:34-36 (New International Version)

34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

At the time it was clear that the Lord had called us to adopt. I ignored the call for a long time until I couldn't take it anymore and then had a vision of God where He looked me in the eye and said "I wanted you to do this one thing for me and you ignored my call." I was frozen solid realizing that the burden in my heart wasn't imaginary but had been placed there from above. Now our lives are filled with feeding His children and boy can they eat....!!!

1 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Oh my! A dozen on eggs in one sitting! Girl, I hope you shop at Sam's. Do you have a membership? If not, you can go with me!