Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Seventeen Years!


17 years ago I gave birth to my first child Samantha. She was born via csection after 36 hours of labor.When I finally laid eyes on her I couldn't believe how much she looked like Mark. We were in our 20's at the time and struggled financially and lived in a two bedroom apartment. Sam's crib was in our room and the other bedroom was an office/studio.

For Sam's second birthday we were living in Monte Carlo. I was working at the Monte Carlo Sporting Club. She would swim daily at the Monte Carlo Beach club which overlooked the mediterranean sea. She swam with Whitney Houston and her baby. She always made friends easily and has a natural refined taste that is just a gift. I don't have it.

I remember bringing Sam home to our apartment. I remember saying "THANK You" to God because I couldn't believe how blessed we were to have her. I had spent my life pursing fame and worldly success but found my bliss truly in being a mother. I said to God that things were so wonderful...i would be selfish ever expecting anything more fabulous or exceptional.

Today, 17 years later I see so much potential in Sam. She is an amazing young woman. She is beautiful and everyone's best friend. And she is just a great kid. AND though I really believed that God had extravagantly blessed me on the day of her birth he continued to shower me with blessings. I never ever would have imagined being the mother to 6 kids. NEVER! I never would have believed I would have gone to Guatemala and Ethiopia to bring home my children. I never dreamed I would be blessed with a marriage lasting 20 years. God is so good.....each day is a gift, each daughter, son, sister, mother, husband, brother, friend is truly something to treasure. Thank you Lord for Samantha in giving her life. And thank you for giving me new life through her birth.

1 comments:

Teresa B. said...

BEAUTIFUL!
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!