Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Do You Love my Mom!

Ella asked me "Do You Love My Mom TOO????" (someone take the knife out of my heart please). i said "Ella, I love her so much and I pray for her everyday." I also told her that I loved her like she was my sister even though I never ever knew her because God took my prayers and her prayers and brought them together to bring us all together. I explained that it was as if her mommy was praying before she died and God also gave me a huge feeling to go find them even though they were many many miles away because He knew that Mark and I were going to be her new parents. I know it was important to Ella that she knew that I loved her mom too. I think she needed confirmation again that it was okay for her to love her mom so much and love her forever because we also loved her. It is incredible how these kids have opened up their hearts to love us in spite of their loss. It is amazing to see how happy they can be knowing there is a gap in their little hears. It is so mind boggling to watch as they embrace their new family and all the newness around them....I am so grateful for the resiliency and yet honesty of emotion in these kids....Praise God!

2 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Did you ever share with Ella about the vision of the oranges?

Deanna said...

Yeah she knows that story and is comforted by it....