Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Yemi and Ban!

I had never in my entire life known anyone from Ethiopia until this year. We had just joined a new church about April and then in May decided to adopt. I had told my friend Linda we were adopting from Ethiopia and she said "the ethiopians have been kissed by God. They are the most beautiful people on the planet." Linda is a member of our new church www.kpic.org and was the person who introduced me to the church. She knows everyone. She said "you should meet my friends Yemi and Ban they are from Ethiopia and go to our church." I couldn't believe the timing. I had never ever ever met anyone from Ethiopia and then my new church had this sweet couple and apparently they are not the only Ethiopian people at the church. So for several months Yemi and Ban were standing by for the right time to help me out , teach me to cook, teach me some phrases etc. Well when we started to get letters from the kids in Amharic they were available to translate. I would scan the letters send them to Ban and he would email the translation back. WHAT A BLESSING! And since then Yemi has given me cooking lessons for Shiro and SegaWat. We discovered that we have another thing in common. Their families are very musical and happen to be worship leaders in their evangelical ethiopian churches both in Addis and in the DC area. They are working on a CD (we are working on a cd too). Considering using some of our songs to have them sing them in Amharic. Ban's mother Selamawit is in Addis and wants to pick us up from the airport. Yemi's sister and brother in law sing and play keyboards in their evangelical church in Addis. Mark is putting together sounds for the keyboard over there and we will be singing and worshiping with them in Addis at their church when we get there. I just can't believe how amazing God is. I have spent my entire life not knowing anyone Ethiopian and now I have 3 kids from there, (2 teenage long distant sponsored sons), two friends here with their families adopting us while we are visiting all the way over in Addis. God is good and extremely efficient.

0 comments: