Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Finally Traveling!

I was in target getting some bins to sort out clothes (the dressers are in storage because we will move soon), Mark called to let us know that our Visa date in Ethiopia is on 1/16. This means we have a crazy week ahead of us. On 1/11 we will fly from Raleigh to JFK. On 1/12 my band is performing for a BARMITZVAH...OH NOOOOOO! (there is so much to say about that but I will leave it alone)...then at 6 am we fly JFK to DULLES (in DC) arrive 7:30 and have to catch a 9:30 flight to Ethiopia.....I am nervous about weather and late flights (missing flight)....we then arrive in Ethiopia on 1/14 at 8:30am their time..THen we get the kids THAT afternoon...THEN we take them to the embassy on 1/16...come back on 1/19 to arrive on 1/20 MARK'S BIRTHDAY......

I had such butterflies when I found out this is actually happened....It was surreal....sort of like after going up the incline on the rollercoaster you finally go down the big hill and start to scream....

Meanwhile, tonight Andrew (my 10 year old) knows two chords on the guitar. He just wrote a song called "cookies for dinner"...very funny...

Please keep us in your prayers. We have so much to do in a week...AND I can see my stress factor will be the early part of the travel....

Deanna

7 comments:

HeatherV said...

Deanna, Congrats on getting your travel date! Can't wait to hear about your experience! Praying for safe travels :) Yeah

Leslie said...

Wow Deanna--that is fantastic! Praying for you!

Beth said...

Hi Deanna- Haven't talked with you since I first joined the group - I'm glad to have your blogsite now. Congratulations and best wishes on your trip!!! Very exciting. Your children are beautiful :-)

Eileen and Jerry Mestas said...

Congratulations Deanna, Mark and family! We are so excited for you. We will be praying for your safe travel, good health and blessings all along the way.

In His Timing & Care,
With LOVE,
Eileen

Lisa said...

Congratulations! I'm not as far along as you are, so I can't imagine how that is going to feel for us. We are waiting for our referral for 2 sibling sisters from Ethiopia and hope to get those referrals this month!! God willing. Your children are just beautiful and I bet you can't wait to get your hands on them. I can't believe you are adopting 3! What a blessing. Your entire family is beautiful Safe flights...
Lisa
www.my2ethiopiangirls.blogspot.com

Teresa B. said...

Oh Deanna,
I am PRAISING THE LORD for you today. I am so happy for you.
Love,
Teresa

Beth in NC said...

Hi Falchooks! I am so excited for all of you. I pray you guys will get the initial meeting on camera so I can have another good cry! Love you! Beth