Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

Taking OFF!YAY!

Okay..I am leaving in a few hours to go to NY and then to DULLES in DC on Sunday to catch our flight on Ethiopian air. Mark is meeting me there. We have packed 3 50lb suitcases. Mark and I are sharing a suitcase for our clothes, one for kids, other for backpacks, snacks, toiletries for kids. And 8lbs of lollipops for Layla house. We will arrive in Addis about 12:30am EST or 8:30am Ethiopian time. So, while you are sleeping if you hear someone in your dreams screaming from joy that will be us meeting our kids. We plan on going to the guest house, unpacking and then going right over to Layla. We will just spend time with them that night and then all go to sleep at the guest house around 8pm (we'll be tired). Tuesday we are planning on going to the Hilton to confirm our return tickets, have lunch, use the internet and possibly swim (if everyone is healthy and it is warm). Wed...Layla for lunch ,,,embassy appointment. Probably visit AHOPE (orphanage for the HIV kids). And then go get the girls hair braided. Thursday shop at MARKET for souvenirs..dinner with Ban's mom at Ethiopian restaurant. Friday...Layla again for going away party and then flight home....YAY! Short trip...I would love to stay longer but can't bear having the family split up for that long. We are so happy and praying all the logistics run smoothly. I really feel as if we embarking on something extremely fun, scary and exhilarating all at the same time....REALLY REALLY Excited...thanks for your prayers..Praises to GOD!

D

10 comments:

Beth said...

It's late Friday, so I'm sure you're gone already. I hope you are having a great trip. Can't wait to pictures of you all together.

Ellie said...

HOORAY!!! I am so excited for you!!!

graceling said...

Blessings on your journey!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited... I can hardly go to bed. It's 11:15PM EST - In 1 hour & 15 minutes - you'll be meeting the kids in person, for the very FIRST time. I have chills all over! I'm SO EXCITED for your family!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited, I can't sleep! I don't want to go to bed - It's 11:20 pm EST - in 1 hour & 10 minutes, you'll be meeting your children for the very 1st time! I have chills all over!! I'm so excited for your family!!
Lori

Eileen and Jerry Mestas said...

Hello sweet sista and brotha!! We are praying for you and so excited. We hope to be the airport when you get home. Let me know the flight info if possible. I can't wait to hug on ALL OF YOU! God Bless and enjoy this journey!In His Timing & Care, with MUCH LOVE,
Eileen & family

Beth Ferrell said...

I am so excited for you guys! I was awake at 12:30am and wondered where you were and what you were doing. I was awake at 12am and was praying for a safe landing, travels, etc ...

I can hardly wait to hear something!

Ellie said...

Congratulations!!! I am assuming that you have met your kids by now. Are they not the sweetest things?!! I am so excited for you and can not wait to see you all together!!

Nikki said...

That is so exciting! Can't wait for pictures!!

Nikki
http://madebynikki.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything! God bless! love, Kari