Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Strength of Orphans and God's grace....

So...the big worry for me was that the children were not able to have the patience to wait for us and that they would be getting frustrated and even thinking that we didn't care enough to get there fast enough. But I guess once you have watched your parents die and endure the heartbreak of realizing your grandmother can't take care of you, you develop an amazing sense of faith. As I sit and wait and wait and have my internal tantrums..My new children ages 8,6, and 4 have a depth of understanding that I have yet to find in my 40 (something) years alive. Last night when we returned by to the hotel after our gigs I found the translated letters from my sweet Ejigayehu. In them , she makes a point several times of encouraging her mother that they are well, not to worry about court and that God is good and we will be together in HIS TIME...wise words for an eight year old.....I wanted to share these precious treasures from Ejigayehu.

Letters from Ejigayehu #1

To my beloved sister,

How are you. I am doing well. I love you very much. I was happy to get the picture you sent me (you with your little sister). It looks great. It is my wish that God will let us see each other. I am glad to have a big sister. What grade are you in? Try to do good in school. I will too. Until we see each other, please say hi to everyone for me.

Bye, and I love you so much.

Ejigayehu

To my beloved brother,
How are you? I am doing well. I loved getting your picture. I loved your sisters’ pictures too. What grade are you in? Be good with your school work. Until I see you again, have a good one.

Bye, I love you my brother

To my beloved father,

How are you? I am doing well. I love you very much. I got the letter you sent me. I saw the picture that has you sleeping and showing (your neighborhood ???). I love it. I am glad you are my father. I also loved all the other pictures you sent me. I can’t wait until I see you. Please don’t worry about the court issues. It will finish in due time. We will show _____ for Christmas.

Bye, I love you

To my beloved mother,

How are you? We are doing good. You don’t have to rush to come here. Take your time. We are all ok here. We love you all. Please don’t worry about the court issue. We loved the CD (I hope this is right). Who sang the songs? Is it you? It is very beautiful. Kidist and Yared are doing good. They are happy with everything they got. May God help us see each other in peace.

Bye,
I love you mom

To my beloved sister Mattea,

I love you very much. It is my prayer that God will let us see each other safely. I liked the picture you sent me. Thank you for sending it. What grade are you in? Do well in school. Until we see each other, be good. Know that I love you very much.

Bye,I love you my sister

Dear my family,

I love you. How are you? We are doing good. Did you get the letters we sent you? We got yours. My brothers name are – Abine (16 yrs old) and Yidnekachew (13 yrs old). They come and visit me some times. I love them. My great grandmother also comes and visits me. I am glad that they do that. I love them. (There is a sentence that describes who the people are on the picture. Unfortunately it is not clear. It is not written in proper Amharic. Following please find my best interpretation of the remaining letter). The lady on the picture is their aunt. I love Meskerem, Tsion and Hermela (the kids on the picture). Until we see each other again,

Bye,

I love you

Dear Grandma,

How are you? We are doing good. We got the letter you sent us. I am glad you are my grandmother. I was glad to hear that you are going to come. I love very very much. May God protect you. He is faithful. I always pray for my family, including you. God is love. Until we see each other,

Bye,

I love you

Dear family,

How are you? I am doing well. I got the letter you sent me. I am happy to receive it. Please come whenever it is convenient. Don’t worry about the time. We are doing fine. We can communicate with each other through letters until you come. I thank you for all you have done for me so far. Even though the time is long, I know we will see each other one day. I have come to learn that you truly love me. Your love became more evident when you tried to help my brothers in every way you could. I love you more that you love me. Kidist and Yared say hello. I am working on a circus to be presented for Christmas. Do you have a circus club in North Carolina? Is there anyone in our family who is involved in circus? If my sisters like it, I can show them what I know. I can show my brother too. Since I am going to spend many more holidays with you in the future, I don’t mind spending Christmas here. Until we talk with each other with another letter,

Bye, may God be with you.

I love you more than you love me.


WELL, we don't really want her joining the circus but it looks like she enjoys performing and can get her involved in gymnastics if she wants....LOL!




2 comments:

Natalie Fournet said...

Wow! These letters are treasures of their strength and love. How beautiful! Natalie

Debbie said...

What sweet letters. I love following your blog. I also wanted to say what a great post you have on the CAFEkids message board. What a testimony!! I sometimes have to stop and think the same thing! With it taking so long for our agency to get licensed (really a normal time but it seemed long ) and satan putting doubts in my husband head and wondering whether to adopt again, I am trying to be patient!!

God bless you,
Debbie