Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Manila Folders and Government offices!

A woman named Jill gave me this true story today which describes the type of insanity we go through in these 3rd world government offices.

"What a disappointment. I'm so sorry to hear this. Your family will be in my prayers.
When we adopted our daughter 3-1/2 years ago, we hit a bit of a delay on the Ethiopia side. It turned out that one of the offices that deals with adoptions had . . . get this . . . run out of manila folders. Rather than order the folders and stack them crosswise while waiting, they just let all the cases sit there. I've heard of similar things happening - things we assume and take for granted here. One family from our agency had all their approvals and was traveling within days. If I recall, they took along a few boxes of folders. "

I am feeling better today but would really like to know when we are going but I will guess I will wait (so what else is new).

Deanna

0 comments: