Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2008

It's 4am and we are back...

So sorry that we weren't able to blog but we were staying at the Ritmo guesthouse and when we made it to a computer they were either so slow or offline.

BUT we are back and had the most incredible time. In the next couple of days I am going to add journal entries to fill you all in.

We arrived in Cary at 2pm yesterday. The flight left Addis the night before at 10:30 their time or 2pm our time. In a nutshell the travel was 24 hours. We were in immigration forever but all is well. The kids were wonderful. Ejigayehu was so excited she only slept an hour on the airplane. When we arrived at the BOLE airport that night (it is a very modern airport that could look like a spaceship to a child), Ejigayehu said (as we walked into the airport), is this the plane? I thought that was very sweet. Every step...is this the plane? In the waiting area, is this the plane? When we finally made it to america...'Is this america?" In North Carolina, is this america? In her bedroom...We are in america now?

We were met at the airport by my kids and friends Lori and Blain and my sister Denise.

The kids were very tired but excited when they got home...ME TOO. I had only had hot water one day at the guesthouse so took cold bucket baths and one hot shower....I was PRAISING GOD for hot water when I got into the shower at home.

We all went to bed around 8 (the girls around 6)...and at 3am Andrew (or Andrewlee as the new kids call hime) woke me up telling me Jared wanted to play ball (kwas) at 3 am. I put andrew in my bed and then got Jared dressed...fed him,,,cleaned his room, brushed his teeth...(twice at his request) and now he is sitting next to me trying to figure out how to get a game up on nick jr.

So we are thrilled....and I have some amazing stories that I will get to when I am more awake. In a nutshell, we are sooooo happy and relieved to have the whole family together...

Love,
Deanna

4 comments:

SupermomE13 said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! I am SO happy for you guys and can't wait to read all about your trip!

Ellie said...

Aww! I love all the pictures! I am so happy that you are all together finally and I can't wait to see you guys!

Beth Ferrell said...

We are so excited for you all! David and I can hardly wait to meet your new babies! Praise God you are home safe and sound. We love you and missed you at church this morning. The atmosphere was electric! Love you!

Anonymous said...

As I tried reading your comments to Ed, the tears in my eyes blurred your words.

God bless you for stepping out in faith.