Pages

Friday, February 8, 2008

Quote of the day!

So Yared gets out of his shower and is sitting on the steps with only his underwear on and is right next to a football...Andrew is across the room and yells "hey mom Yared's skin is the same color as the football". I don't know why but we got such a kick out of that. We were able to keep them up until 9 tonight. We are hopeful they will stay asleep until 7....this morning they were so loud at 5:30. But that was an improvement to 3:30. My friend Yemi braided their hair and made them Shiro today. We were at Yemi's from 9:30-3. I brought them home and then at 5 went to MONKEY JOE;s ( a playplace my friends just opened..free for the grand opening). So they ran around until 7:30.....

Jared was in trouble 3 times for hitting today and then scratched me. But then later I caught him stopping himself from hitting his siblings.

Yemi tells me that Ella (Kidist) told her that she thinks her husband is handsome and she would like to marry him. Also apparently Ella is using God's name in vain in Amharic. HOW wouLD I KNow????? Anyhow, Yemi took her for a ride in the car to lecture her in Amharic. She came back and kept saying I LOVE YOU MOMMY...I guess it worked but to be honest with you I find her extremely cute and funny so didn't have any big complaints. But Yemi reassured me that if I could hear what she was saying in Amharic I would really appreciate her nipping it in the bud....

All the kids are so great. ...Everyone is meshing so well... They are going to start school on Monday for three days. With the move coming in a week I realize that until I can get settled and some structure..homeschooling is not going to work. But we will reconsider if things don't go well at school. Ella will be in Kindergarted and Grace (ejigayehu) will be in 3rd. The teachers reassure us that they will not put pressure on the academics. The girls will have ESL 4 times a week. Ella's assistant teacher rang our bell to introduce herself to us. She lives down the block. I am going to recruit her to baby sit....The school has been very encouraging....

All is well.....tired but getting better every day.

Love,
D

3 comments:

graceling said...

I love the football quote!

Andrew said...

Don't say that!It's really embarrassing.

Andrew said...

Mom thats really imbarassing.