Pages

Monday, February 11, 2008

School!

Girls did very well in school today. Grace was very happy when I picked her up and told me she now has friends everywhere. Ella's teacher told me she was very quiet which is hard to believe. Jared got in trouble again this morning for hitting. I then took Matea and Jared over to our friends farm to see the horse, donkey and mule. THey loved it.

After school....the girls were tired but started hitting, kicking scratching each other constantly. There is the normal sibling wrestling thing and then the DOING DAMAGE type of fighting which is what they prefer. I kept trying to tell them to stop. And when I tried to have a serious conversation with them about hitting they kept laughing at me. Eventually, they were sent to their room without eating (although they ate a ton right after school). THey ended up falling a sleep without dinner and right after I called my Amharic speaking girlfriend Yemi to give them a firm talking to. Not sure what she said but they were very quiet and fell asleep right after that. Jared pushed the phone away from his ear when Yemi was giving her talk. So , I think she knew some magic amharic words.....anyhow, all of that being said, they are doing very well.....and school was great. They will only go 3x's this week to ease into it. No news on any offers on the house yet. BUt keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

graceling said...

Well, I guess siblings will be siblings... I won't even write what my brother and sister and I managed to do to each other... I don't think it should be recorded for posterity:)

Beth said...

Hi! It was nice meeting you again at the birthday party on Sunday. I'm glad to hear that school went well on Monday. I'll be praying for the house to sell quickly, and for a smooth and uneventful weekend as you travel without the kids.
<><
Beth