Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

2 years ago today and blessings in the mail!

Two years ago today we brought our baby home from Guatemala. We are hoping that November 19th will be our lucky day for the kids. The new address of our house is 1119. So pray for us on monday...maybe we will hear some good news.

Yesterday we received mail from the kids in Ethiopia and from Martha and Melkem. They were written in Amharic so I had to get them translated.

Looks like Martha and Melkem have reasons to celebrate with a new family.

From Martha:
To my family how is your health. I am doing very good. We love you all. Me and ejigayehu are doing fine. Kidist and yared I love them. I love everybody. The kids are equal in age . we go and play with them. I can’t wait until you are coming. Me and ejigayehu are happy…until we come to America ..I can’t wait. When you come ..ejigayehu we will show you all the things..

From Melkem:
Dear I love and I respect D’anna,
A few days after I received your letter, I was told that we found a family. I knelt down and thanked God . I was crying in joy. All of your hard work was not in vain. I learned that I should never give up hope. I know somebody by the name of Katie emailed you last time. We thank you for everything you have done for us. Ejigayehu is also very very happy. I love you bye bye…

From Ejigayehu:
To my mother. How are you doing how is your health. How are your kids. I am doing good. I am very happy you are my mother. Kidst is doing fine. And hope you guys are okay. Until we see you, miss you. I love you very much…I can’t wait until I see you.

To the father I love very much. I love you very much. How are you guys doing. We are doing well. We are happy that you are our father. Everybody is doing fine here. We are happy that you are our father. Until God gives us the opportunity to see eachother bye.

To my dear family how is your health. We are doing very well. Did you find the letters I sent you. I am waiting anxiously for the day I am going to come and we are all going to be together. AAI…I pray for you everyday…I have a lot of friends and I play with them everyday…I like the games. I am first grade..1B school is going good. I like playing swings, Demee…I like chocolate, cake, ice cream. From working I like cleaning house. I like make my bed…..In the meantime until I see you BYE…

We also have another letter from Melkem that we will translate. We still do not know who their family is. We really want to stay in touch so hope they step forward to communicate with us.

We are also happy that Ejigayehu likes to make her bed. Maybe she can teach the other kids. We received their report cards too. All is well but Ejigayehu does not have good Math or science scores...they were in the 60 %. Her music score however was 90 percent. Seems to be a perfect match for us.

We have an open house for our home tomorrow from 2-5...pray for a miracle to sell our house....

Blessings, D

ps...Martian Child is a sweet movie.

0 comments: