Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Dreams and snakes in the garage....

One of my original posts on this blog mentioned the vision I had with our children's mother handing me oranges. Well lately I have been dreaming some really strange dreams.

This part happened in real life. This week Mark pulled into the garage in our minivan. The baby was asleep in the back seat asleep. I was at the hair dresser (I am now a light haired brunette or dark blonde). Anyhow, he pulled in and was about to get out of the car and on the ledge of the garage face to face with Mark as he opened the door a 2 foot black snake curled up and looked at Mark straight in his face and stuck out his snakey tongue. Oh NO! He got back in the car..pulled the car out and called our neighbor Dan (snake killer) Rhew. Dan walked over, hoe in hand and very professionally cornered the snake and broke his neck with a blow by the hoe and shoveled him out of the garage and into the wild woods behind us. Dan said he was about 2 feet and looked like he had swallowed a mouse...OOOHHHH! YUCK!

So, I go to sleep that night and with all that is going on with building a house and adopting 3 kids, working on a CD , taking care of my kids and running the business (during a slow time) that will hopefully pay for the house etc....I tend to wake up in the middle of the night super nervous or I have strange dreams and then wake up. So, I drempt I was in a house and chased by indians with axes (or HOE's) and then they catch me and throw the axe right at the back of my neck...as I fall (in my dream) I wake up. As I wake up and think about the dream somehow I am so aware that I am weirdly the snake in the dream and Dan is the indian...ODDD DReAM......and as scary as it was to dream it was funny when I started to analyze it.

The eiffel tower....So another night I dream I am on a plane and i am thinking I am going to NY or something and then I notice I am in Paris because behind the buildings in front of me I see the eiffel tower. And I am elated. I am crying tears of joy because I was so excited to be in Paris. And I kept saying ..I didn't even know I wanted to be in Paris but I was crying like I had just won some kind of major beauty pagent or something. And then eventually the buildings were out of my way and I was gazing at the eiffel tower in awe. I wake up....

THe next day I have decided that I want the Eiffel Tower to now be my icon...place it on the fridge or something. I figured later I would go online and download a pic...then I get my new issue of More mag and turn to a gorgeous pic of the Eiffel Tower.

I really think this was meant to be a reassuring dream. God brought me to this place where I was about to see something beautiful but it was blocked by the other buildings (my fears). However, by just taking a minute to look beyond the obstacles I saw a dream coming true by gazing on the Eiffel Tower.....I also don't think it is a coincidence that it was the Eiffel TOwer which carry the ET initials of Ethiopia. So I like to focus now on the pic of the Eiffel Tower as a reminder of God blessing us with something beautiful...

0 comments: