Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

20 Years of wedded bliss....

Because of all the excitement over the pending court case I forgot to announce the great milestone of celebrating 20 years of wedded bliss on November 8th to my hubby Mark. We went out to dinner on 11/3. I cried on our dinner date...due to all of the concerns about the house selling etc and then Mark reassured me. He told me that God will support us as he has. Once I got over that we reminisced about our first dates, our long hair on our wedding day. The fact that we had a yoga instructor alzheimer Unity minister who performed the ceremony in 20 minutes. At the time Mark was a jewish atheist and I was a liberal christian/lover of all things new age and Meher Baba......So I wanted the bible mentioned etc but looking back it was an odd ceremony. Amba dressed all in white and told us she would not tell us anything about the ceremony because she would improvise...still we had our best man read a couple of bible quotes. One of my friends said that was the shortest ceremonies in history. Any how Mark and I laughed as we remembered the ceremony and the fact that I had insisted that this catering hall make a carrot cake. It was awful and tasted like a carrot cake mix...ooohhhh yuck...Anyhow, we have come along way and Praise God for our marriage , our life and our family....

0 comments: