Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Report from my friend at Layla House!

I have befriended a woman named Eileen who lives about half an hour from us who is also adopting 3 kids from Ethiopia through another agency..she is adopting twin infant girls and a little boy 3. She was kind enough to visit our kids today in Ethiopia and give them our thanksgiving cards...this is her report:

Deanna,
We went to Layla House today. I called Nate and he was so kind and willing for us to come today. We got there late though and he had to leave so Ivy took us around. She is so sweet too. She is from NJ and has been there since the summer. She loves it there and she loves all of the kids you can tell. She took us on a tour and then we went to the kindergarten class where we met Yared and Kidist. The whole class was sitting at their little desks and they all greeted us when we came in. Then Ivy said 'how about we sing some songs for them?" It was absolutely precious. I stood there with tears flowing down my cheeks as these beautiful children all sang so sweetly. They were all so tiny and yet they knew all the words, hand motions and all in sync. They sang, The Intsy winsty spider, ABC's, hokey pokey, and If Your Happy and You KNow it. It was honestly one of the most precious moments of my life to see all of these children today. They were all so well mannered, excited, and happy in spite of their circumstances. We talked with all of your kids and told them you are coming very soon. They smiled and gave me hugs and kisses. I squeezed each of them and said it was from Mama Falchook. Deanna, their pictures don't do them justice. They are so much more beautiful in person. I nearly melted when I saw them and yes, the tears just flowed down my face. I tried so hard not to cry because I didn't want to scare them but I just couldn't believe I was holding them in my arms. This is all so sureal and so amazing. To look into the eyes of these kids and know that God created them and has a plan for each one of them was so overwhelming to me. They look healthy and happy. They loved your cards and stickers. Yared held them up to me and said "MAMA" as if he was verifying they were from you and not me. I assured him they were from you and he lite up like a light bulb. You are so blessed to get these precious children. I can't wait to see them again in your arms though. We've got the measurements of their feet and photos and video for you. The compound was amazing too. It is all so organized and well thought out. The kids were all playing or in classes. They are all homeschooled you know. They live and school right there. What a concept?? Anyway, I thought of you all day and I was so priviledged and honored to represent you to these precious and amazing kids. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy life to call me several months ago. It would have been tragic to have missed out on this absolutley amazing day today. I will never be the same!! You should have seen Ellie,too. She had the baby in a snugglie on her chest and she was taking pictures of all the kids. They literally surrounded her and were crushing the baby against her chest at one point. Our translater/driver had to help her and tell them to back up. Ellie had the biggest smile on her face the whole time there and just talked, touched and fellowshipped with each one she could. One little girl little followed us the entire time we were there. I wanted to take her home with me so bad. She is an amazing young lady and I know the LORD is using this in her life for a wonderful purpose. Thank you again, because my daughter and husband will also never be the same. May God continue to bless you and show himself to you. I'll see you soon.
IN HIS TIMING & CARE, LOVE HUGS *& KISSES TOO
YOur sister Eileen

0 comments: