Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Letters from Melkem!

As a reminder Melkem is Ejigayehu's friend and is older (about 11 or 12). She has taken Ejigayehu under her wing and is best friends with her. We write to her and her sister Martha (9) who has been in the orphanage awhile but now have a family.

Letters from Melkam

Letter from Melkam to Deanna

To my dear mother,

How are you doing? If it is God’s will and I get a gift, I will write my address and keep in touch with Ejigayehu through letters. If you ever meet our family, please introduce them to Ejigayehu. I love you all. I am filled with happiness. You too should rejoice in the Lord.

I love you,

“I prayed to God, and He heard my prayer. Amen”


Letters to siblings

To Ejigayehu and Sisters

To my brother and sister, Andrew and Sam,

Even if people are not blood relatives, they can be brothers and sisters. I would like you guys to know that Ejigayehu loves you very much. She always talks about you. She is glad to have a big sister, a small brother and sister. She used to pray for a family just like yours. It is hard for Ejigayehu to speak English, but she is a smart girl. You guys can teach her English, right? It is for times like these that God gives us a brother and sister.

Good bye. I love soooo much.

Love and Peace


Letter to mark from Melkam

To Mark (the one I love),

How are you? I am doing good. Ejigayehu and I are the best of friends. She was first at KG house. Then she came to our house and in the process of showing her around the compound, we became very close friends. Then I started seeing her as my sister. She is a very good girl. You will probably know more of her kindness in the future. I can’t wait until I see you in person, especially you with Ejigayehu. I am so happy because we found a family.

I love you. Love and piece for you.

0 comments: