Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Another letter from Melkem!

This letter came via regular mail and was written in Amharic. It came to me after I received the letter telling us about Melkem and Marta's new family.

I am so touched by the depth of these children:

To dear Deanna, the one I love,
How are you doing? I am doing good. I can't wait until you come and we see eachother. I know you can't wait until you come too. I love the letter I received from you. It had good advices for me. I thank you for all of the advice. (I had told her in my letter to never give up, keep praying and God would find a family in the right time).

Sometimes when I look back at my life, I become tearful. I sometimes wonder why it is that everybody else gets families, but not me. I feel like people don't choose me because of my past history. But Ejigayehu reminds me not to think that way, but be hopeful and that one day I will find a family.

Your daughter Ejigayehu is my best freind. Hopefully, Ejigayehu and I will play with Kidist and Yared and (couldn't determine other name). Ejigayehu can't wait until she joins you in America. I love you all.

Bye....Sincerely, Melkem

BOO HOO....but I am so happy they have a family now. I just would like to keep in touch with them and stay connected to their family. So we are hoping they will be open to a "best friends..."open adoption.

The whole "past history" thing she is talking about is most likely just translated to mean her past without a family etc. but in my mind WHO CARES...these kids are incredible...so I am so happy for her....

Reattaching her letter after finding her family:
Dear I love and I respect D’anna,
A few days after I received your letter, I was told that we found a family. I knelt down and thanked God . I was crying in joy. All of your hard work was not in vain. I learned that I should never give up hope. I know somebody by the name of Katie emailed you last time. We thank you for everything you have done for us. Ejigayehu is also very very happy. I love you bye bye…

All I did was pray and ask others to pray. When you think about it many of these kids have no one even on the planet praying specifically for them. Prayer is powerful...Praise Him...

God is amazing...tomorrow is a big day for us pray.

D

0 comments: